Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LEARNING...Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies---YUMMY

Waking up this morning and looking outside and seeing the snow blowing sideways, I knew it would be a great day to make something warm and yummy.  Having our hotel room smell like baked goods is wonderful.

I had some older banana's, just enough chocolate chips and pecans to make these cookies.  They are like eating a small slice of banana bread in every cookie.  The batch made enough for us to share with the front desk downstairs.  I loved sharing homemade goods with our neighbors back in Utah and every other state that we have lived in. So for me, it is only natural that we share with others while we are on the road.  I love how appreciative people are and it brings a smile to my face to see their smiles widen with delight.

It's a small token of friendship to give a neighbor a treat but the rewards are great.  I believe that if you give to others it will come back ten times.  Call it Karma, if you will.  Cory and I have tried to live our lives by following this creed.  It brings us joy to help others and we have always been blessed over and over. We hope that our kids know how important it is to share what you have with others.

I got this recipe off of the site Recipes.com and I think it is very tasty.  I made the recipe exactly has written and did not take any liberties to alter the contents.  I will do this sometimes to try and make it low fat or gluten free.  I did not have the supplies to do that this time.  Let me know if you try this and change the recipe to meet your families eating habits.  I love to cook!

Banana Chocoalte Chip Cookies:

2.5 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup of soft butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of smashed banana's
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 chopped pecans

Beat butter and sugar until blended, add eggs and vanilla.  Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture.  Mix well and add chips and pecans.  Bake at 400 for 11-15 minutes (depends on your oven).  Place on cookie rack to cool.   Enjoy!




It's that time again to clean out the fridge.  I have never taken a picture of my fridge so I thought I would this morning.  I wonder what my friends can tell about our family from looking at our fridge. This would be an interesting conversation.  I think I will post it on my FB page to see what the comments will be.



Isabella loved her Hello Kitty table cloth that we bought for her big day.  When I took it off she was waving it around and I got this idea to have her use it as a dress for the day.  She loved it.  I am always looking for ways to recycle and reuse.  This is a very simple thing but it did allow us to reuse something that would have otherwise gone straight to the trash after a single use.

No comments:

Post a Comment