Sunday, January 30, 2011

LIFE...It Finally Happened...They're Pierced!

When we arrived at the mall, we had to wait about an hour for the next girl to show up.  We discovered this wall of art and I fell in love with it.  Yes, it is red but the pictures of the hearts, grouped together, was beautiful.  I had to take some pictures of Isabella.  
I have to say that writing on my blog is addicting....really it is.  Why? Because I like to write, I like to share my thoughts and ideas, and I love reading comments from people. It allows me to take pictures and share my world for others to see.  I have enjoyed using my camera again for this very reason. It's my social network.   It's so fun to read other people's blogs too.  I have learned so much about all types of things, issues, events, sitings (yes, people do write about this stuff) and perspectives on life, school, work, people, religion...pretty much any topic you can think of someone has a blog about it.  I am on over load and may need a 12 step program.  I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem.  DONE!  It's out there for everyone to read, see and know.

When I write on my blog, I sometimes do it to keep family up to date on what the kids are up to.  I write to keep everyone informed of where we are in our travels.  I write to just express an idea.  I write to inspire joy, happiness and a love for this life.  I try to keep things funny.  I have to admit that some topics are not funny and I have to find my serious hat to wear.  Often times I get an idea, thought or word, in my brain and I just run with it.  I start to write and I don't really know what will come out, it is created as I go.  I love the process of purging the ideas I have into a written format.  I love to write.  It's my creative outlet.

I mention the above information because I have friends and family that read my blog and there might be some head scratching as I might seem all over the place with the entries.  One day it's a happy event and the next it might be a personal struggle.  This is how my life plays out though.  I call it the up and downs of a never ending line.  I love it.  I am a firm believer that to truly experience this life you must "feel" it on many levels.  This might include: love, pain, laughing, yearning, desiring, forgetting, falling, reaching, etc...

I had the opportunity to say I was sorry this weekend to a family member that I respect very much.  Through this process I felt sadness, negative energy and remorse.  It was short lived, but all the same it gave me an experience.  An experience of how I don't want to act toward another person no matter how little sleep I have had the night before.  I learned that writing on FB is flat.  When we read a person's response it is just that a simple statement.  Having reactions to comments should always be well thought out.  Often peoples responses are done in innocence but read with sarcasm, pain, anger, belittling...you name it.  How do we change this fact?  I don't know.  I do know that I interpreted something totally wrong and felt that I had hurt the other person.  I was disappointed in myself that I could be offended so easily.  Life is about learning from our experiences and becoming a better person.  It is always good to say your sorry if you feel that another person has been hurt.  It's that simple!  A "sorry" can go a long ways, but feelings of unrest can also stay too long and create a heavier mental and emotional load.  (On a personal note: I used "they're"in the title just for you Rob and thank you for being you)...LOL


She was all smiles before we left the hotel. Such a happy girl she is!

This blog comprises two of the things I mentioned above: random thoughts that just come out as I sit at the computer and recounting a fun day spent with Isabella.

Isabella has been wanting her ears pierced since I can remember.  This past year her pleadings had become more frequent and closer together.  We felt that it would be a great Birthday event.  She did not forget this.  For the past week she has been asking us everyday when we would be going to get her ears done.  On Wednesday, Cory and I, stopped by the earring store to find out when 2 girls would be available to do her ears.  They said Sunday would work because they would have 3. PERFECT!

I am so glad that they did them at the same time.  She did not cry a single tear.  She was such a stoic little girl sitting in the big director chair as the girls cleaned and prepped the earlobes.  It was all over so fast.  I can honestly say that I was more nervous than she.  I new what was coming and she did not.  In fact before we left, Drake asked if it would hurt.  I said yes.  He could not understand why we would subject Isabella to something that would hurt...and the simple truth is, because it would also bring her immense joy.  What a deep concept...LOL



She was being silly.  I added a little bit of an "Andy Warhol" look...after all it was a wall full of art.


This is the stoic look I was referring to earlier.  Such focus for a 4 year old.  It's that same look she has when visiting Santa or meeting strangers for the first time.

First: we clean the ears.

Second: we mark the ears.

Third:  BAM...2 seconds later it's done.

See no tears...She was just anxious to feel and see them.

Like any service that is going to make your child cry, they provide suckers.  Thanks ladies for doing an awesome job!

We took her to Build -a-Bear  to buy this cute little dog.  She loves the skates and so we splurged and bought them.  We lost one in the first 5 minutes of leaving the store...Thankfully someone found it and set it aside on a table for us to discover it.  THANK  YOU,  AGAIN!

I couldn't resist this picture.  With out thinking I asked Isabella to smile and look at me.  She obediently obeyed and this is what I get when a cookie is being eaten at the same time pictures are being taken.  I had to laugh out loud.
Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment