Monday, January 17, 2011

LIFE...It's been a slow week....

I try really hard to have fun things planned for the weekend so that when I get ready to write on the blog I have something THRILLING, EXCITING and FUN to write about.  Well, the  weather did not get the memo in regards to the weather that we needed for this weekends activities.  OH WELL.  We will try again next week.

With that said, it really has been a slow week of playing games, picking up toys, practicing flute, exercising, cooking, cleaning, writing in my journal, walking the dog, grocery shopping, and laundry.

One of my goals this year was to write in my journal everyday.  There are several reason's that I chose to work on this for the year.  One, is it helps me to stay sane.  I have a tendency to relive, over think and beat myself up over small things, big things, medium size things (pretty much most things).  I find that when I have this dilemma of sorts, it makes me very irritable and at times melancholy.  These are two feelings that I don't like to have.  SO, I decided to write it out of my system and it actually works.  Everyday I write exactly how I am feeling and if anything is bothering me.  I find that when I can purge my brain of the chaos of my thoughts I enjoy my day much better and once it's on paper I tend to move on...It's great!

We have been making lots of art projects with Isabella.  She loves the rainbow.

....and the sun.  She had to have a snowflake too.

The second reason is that a lot of times when I am wrangling with a thought and I write it down, then I can focus more on my family and not on myself.  I have a tendency to believe that I can solve the worlds problems all in the very confines of my brain...this becomes tiresome and it keeps me up at night.  I need my sleep and therefore I need to empty my brain of the daily power plans of life.  Not to mention it will provide some entertainment to my future family when they finally break them out over a Christmas celebration to see exactly what crazy great-grandma Sherron was thinking...LOL

I have also been able to write down funny quotes that Isabella says, things the teenagers are doing or saying and just the joys of my life.  Everyday I try to set a small goal for myself and then I make a notation the next day if I reached it or not.  This last week it was how much water I could drink each day.  I am terrible at drinking water...When I reached my goals this made me feel like I had accomplished something new for that day.

Some of the funny things Isabella has said this week are:

Don't talk to strangers Rye and Drake...she is worried for their safety.
I speak spanish, I speak spanish...She watches Dora and therefore is an expert in the Spanish language..LOL
I am a doctor....hmmm, not sure where she got that one, but okay.

The biggest event this week for me was cutting off all of my hair.  I did it AND I love it.  I failed to take my camera with me to the salon.  The pile of hair was huge!  I was a little bit nervous but totally confident in my decision.  The nervous part came from knowing what I wanted but not being able to find a picture of the exact look.  I spent about 20 minutes with the colorist and stylist and together we put together what I ended up with.  I will say it again, I love it.  I actually cried when the hairstyle was cut, it was perfect and Annie had hit the mark.  The color was a bit scary, it was soooooo dark while setting.  It almost looked black but when we rinsed, dried and styled I knew we had made some good choices.  It took three different shades of copper to achieve the blended look I have.  I can't say that this was a cheap haircut...it wasn't!  The price tag was $250.00. (this included : haircut/style, color (three), 2 shampoos, wax creme and a new brush and tips for each of the young women that helped me).  I have never spent this amount on my hair but I knew I needed it to be done right and I feel it was.  Having a great experience with something this personal (I have had long hair most of my life, it was time to let it go and stop hiding behind my long hair) to me was priceless.....

This picture was taken this morning.  I could not decide if I should put my hair behind my ear or forward.  I chose to have it fall forward and I really like this look. I added a clip to the picture below and love that look too.


This picture was taken at the same time as the one below.   I generally don't like my smile because it leans to the right and wrinkles up my eyes really badly.  But, this is what I look like when I am happy..LOL


This picture looked like the one above with the background.  With Photoshop I was able to blank out our bedroom.  I also turned my head slightly, barely smiled , and held the camera up high to shoot downward...and WALLAH.  Tools of the trade actually paid off for a decent picture of myself..LOL  I think every Mom should have a fabulous picture of themselves for their  kids to look back on, plus you never know when you might need one.

I hope that everyone has a great week and live your life now...don't live in limbo, don't live in the past, don't worry about the future...LIVE NOW!!!!  Just do it, I guess Nike got that one right!..LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the hair!!! I cut my hair really short like yours in 2000, loved it! Maybe after seeing yours, I'll get the guts to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete