Friday, January 28, 2011

LIVING...Just passed 6 months on the road! YAY

It's tough being our dog.  She sleeps all day on a cozy couch and even has a pillow! If it's not the couch then she also likes the bed, with a pillow.  If she is on the floor, she likes a pillow.  SPOILED DOGGIE!..LOL


Cory and I started our "official" 10 weeks of dancing lessons.  This puts us near the time of our departure date from Dallas.  It was a lot of work to get the steps, do a routine and listen for the beat...ALL AT THE SAME TIME!  Then to add some confusion they change the music to a different dance and expect you to continue slow..slow..quick..quick, when it's the music for a different  dance.  CONFUSION!  Anyway's our instructor was pleased with our progress and we learned the steps to the rumba.  It is a fun swirly dance.

Before we started...

...during...

...and after.  Yes, that is sweat on my face!  It's a lot of work and great exercise.


Drake has been hounding his dad for over a year to teach him something about programing.  The time finally worked for both of them and they started about a month ago.  Drake has been creating several games, worlds and scenarios.  He loves it!  I want to send him to a gaming camp this summer to pick up some more tips and tricks.  I enjoy seeing our kids succeed and work on something that makes them happy.  Go DRAKE!

This is his "stress" face maybe...I don't know.  He never takes a normal picture these days. LOL

Isabella loves the hide-a-bed in the hotel.  She thinks it is the solution to her not have a trampoline.  I don't mind if she jumps during the day but at night I worry about the family below us.  

We have finally ventured down to the hot tub.  It's been so cold that you don't want to walk back to the hotel when you get out.  The outside temperature finally has warmed up to the 50s and 60s.  Every night she wants to go sit in the hot pool.  We only stay for 15 minutes, but it is just the right amount of time.

I am sure that every city has it's share of sculptors around town.  The Frisco area has a ton!  They are primarily these Texas Longhorns and every once in a while you will find a group of cowboys.  Someone has to tend to the herd.  Just yesterday we drove a new route and found a whole new group of statues..these were horses.  I think it's cool and adds character to the shopping area.

Hook-Em Horns!

The ponies finally arrived....they were so cute I even wanted to play with them.

Rye spends a lot of time on her laptop for multiple reasons.  She is an artist first and a friend second. She has created characters for her friends and stories and spends the day animating and sketching them.  The art work is amazing!  Given our lifestyle our kids spend more than a normal amount of time on the computers.  At first this really bothered me but I know for them it's their social network.  They stay connected with their friends and cousins and this is very important to me.  These relationships are very important to them both.   Our kids are very talented when it comes to their abilities on the computers.  It's a fine line that when we finally settle down again, we will need to balance their computer time but for now we do what we have to do.  That's just how the cards have been dealt.

Rye enjoying her laptop.
   Back in December I decided to try digital scrapbooking.  I was leery at first.  Would I like it?  Would it fulfill my creative side?  Would they even offer the backgrounds and embellishments that I liked?  These were questions that I had.  I felt that every month we are on the road, and I don't log our events with pictures, I will forget the fun memories.  We do so much and I did not want to forget.  I found Shutterfly and gave it a try.  The orange box arrived today!  I love it! The kids love it too!  It was done perfectly.  My pictures all looked really good. I did the 12X12 hard cover book with 102 pages.  The amount of money I spent on this was about a third of what I would have spent on supplies.  Plus , I don't have to store all the extra paper, stickers and such that I always over spend on.

Now don't get me wrong...I love to scrapbook with my friends and when my life becomes more stable I will probably once again do a book or two the "old fashion" way.  I am reminded of the saying that says there is a time and a place...I have the time but not the place.  So as much as I want to be a purest, it doesn't fit into my current life.  I have found an alternative and it works.  There is always more than one way to finish a task and I found mine. Let me know if there are other digital sites, companies or things I should know about.  I am so new to this that I don't want to miss out on something different or maybe even better.  Leave a comment with your suggestions.  Thanks and as always enjoy your weekend!


The box...Orange!

Isabella's face says it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment