Sunday, January 2, 2011

LIFE...Out With the Old and In With the New!!

All I can say about 2010 is WOW...what a year it has been for us.  I think back to last January and I don't know if I could have imagined my family would be in Dallas, TX, living in a travel trailer/hotel throughout the year and have a unique experience with my family in tow.
  
I have read a lot of posts, blog entries and chatted with friends and family about how glad they are that this past year is over.  I agree that the year was met with hardships, health issues, death, money woes and trials of faith but through all of this we proved to ourselves and each other that we are strong, capable and enduring individuals.  We have proven to each other that "stuff" does not matter, "stuff" comes and goes, "stuff" is replaceable.  I learned that my relationship with my family does not change because my circumstance changes, if anything it is strengthened.  I love anytime I get to spend with my kids and hubby and this past year gave us a ton of time together.  I hope that my kids realize that 2010 was a year that our family CHOSE to be different, CHOSE to listen to the spirit and CHOSE to explore the opportunities that we have as children of a loving God to step outside of our comfort zone, and to be true to ourselves, our desires and our souls.

This new year is filled with possibilities...it's how we choose to accept life's challenges and obstacles that determine if this year is going to be one to remember or one to forget.  I am looking forward to all of the experiences that come my way.  In 2010 I experienced a great amount of pain by the death of my Grandmother, loss of friendships and health issues; but I learned to cherish my days of feeling great, to remember ALL of the great memories I had with Nan and to hold dear to my heart those friends that cared enough to stay and love me for exactly who I am.

To the year of 2010, I say thank you for showing me that I can endure, withstand, love and triumph with my family and Heavenly Father by my  side.  Life can be a challenge, but how could I ever savor the sweet, sweet  feeling of gratitude, love and joy without, at times, feeling the bittersweet heartache of this life.


Isabella and her Dad at the bowling alley.  I love this picture!

Mom and her bowling ball...YEP...it's red!  I love RED!
Isabella was very independent and did not want any help bowling.  She did it all herself.

Drake got a strike!  Happy Birthday Drake!


Before Rye left, we all went to the Cheesecake Factory for Drakes family dinner.

VICTORY DANCE!!


I have set my goals this year with learning in mind.  I want to become better at my flute, relearn Spanish, take art lessons and try something totally new.  I don't know yet what that will be, but I am sure something will come along my way that will challenge me, push me and make me a better person.  I want to volunteer more.  I am hoping that I can find a way to re-involve myself with quilting, music and tennis.  I don't have any weight goals this year.  It's not that I don't care, but it's no longer going to decide for me if I am a good/happy person or not because I am a size 8 or size 12.  I just want to eat healthy and stay fit.  I want to be able to keep up with my kids.

Drake loves to play Mind Craft and Star Craft, on his birthday we let him play all night.

Our cat, Baby!  He is such a great cat.


Today was Drake's birthday. I can't believe that he turned 14 today.  Our time with our children goes so fast, at times faster than I am prepared to handle.  I look at Isabella, who is 4, and I want to freeze her at this age but then I look at Rye and think..I am so proud of the young woman she has turned into and I can't wait to see her future and what it beholds.

Drake getting a birthday hug from ME...Love you!!


Cory and I at the bowling alley.


My new project.  It's hand-pieced.  I have always loved hand piecing.


Rye is in Utah this week visiting with her friends and extended family.  I hope that she is having a great time.

Our cute kids!
SMILE.....then say CHEESE>

This is pretty funny!  Drake took a shower, ran into his bedroom,...Isabella ran in and ran out....she ran and got the camera and snapped this picture, Drake hid before she got a "good" picture of her brother.  You gotta love little sisters!!!
Christmas day found us trying to clean up the room after Isabella clogged the toilet.  It was pretty exciting!!

Our cute teenager...what a handsome young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment