Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Boredom inspires strange thoughts!

I spend a lot of my time through out the day talking to myself.  Now don't get me wrong, this is a good thing.  Primarily because I always agree with myself and, like I have said before, I find myself quite funny.  I just wish that some of these conversations could be recorded for future inspection and analysis. I love how they have a dream book to translate your dreams but do they have a voices in your head translation?..LOL

I find humor in a lot of things.  I think this is a good way to live my life and laughter is a cure.  A cure for what?  I don't always know other than I do find myself feeling much better after I have had a good laugh, heard a funny comment or watched a funny movie.  You could say I have more than one funny bone in my body, and yes it jiggles when I laugh.  I could liken parts of my body to a Jello jiggler.  LOL

I like to laugh at myself and I tend to make a lot of funny comments about myself, life is too short to not find humor in some of life's situations.  I have teenagers and a three old, I am married, I attempt stupid tricks, I like to dress up in weird costumes and the list goes on.  My life is funny and brings lots of smiles to my face, to my memory and hopefully to my future.  I want my family to look back and smile with memories of our life together.

My kids have a hard time with my sense of humor.  Maybe it's because they have lived with me for too long.  But, I honestly think they think I am weird....with good reason, because I AM!  This is just an example of something that I find funny and something they would not even crack a smile at.  The other day we were in the gym downstairs.  Rye and I are going about our business and then it dawns on me that she has nothing to listen to because I have the Shuffle, so like any good mother would do, I decided I would be her music for the time we worked out.  I start singing (and when you are wearing the headset with the music, you actually sound really good) and singing.  Before I know it the TV is louder and louder...I don't think she found that funny.  I couldn't stop laughing.  It's the little things in life that keep me going.


That same afternoon Drake comes down for his turn in the gym and things are going along quite boring.  He is watching Sponge Bob has the treadmill at 2.5, just poking along.  So I decide that I should jump some hurdles on the treadmill.  Again, I am cracking myself up and he wants to crawl under the treadmill.  Shouldn't they be happy that their mom has a sense of humor AND can jump hurdles on a treadmill...I know I would be...LOL

SO, these are funny antics.  Don't even get me started with the Sharpie!!  These are some nf the best moments.  When I went home last month to Oregon we had Shannon convinced that we had drawn a mustache on her face while she took a nap....this was WAY funny...all I did was draw a little smiley face on her elbow.  I am still laughing about that one.

Have you seen the commercial where the people turn into super hero's after giving their family members electronic stuff?  I love it.  I told Cory that I think I am going to HAVE to do that.  I am now in the market for some leotards and a body suit.  I can't wait to see their faces.  You might be asking yourself "why" and I am asking myself "why not".  Have some fun!!!!

Laughing out loud or to yourself has got to be healing to our souls.  I yearn for it daily in my life.  Enjoy your day, I know I am going too.

No comments:

Post a Comment