Monday, March 21, 2011

LIFE...What's Been Happening in March

It's been a while since I have written on the blog, not because I don't want to, but because we have been so busy living, having fun and making some memories.

Isabella is a very happy child. This pictures says it all!


The weather in Texas has been hot/cold and more of the same.  There is no in between.  One day it's 80 and the next it's 50.  Crazy!!  Isabella finally had a chance to sleep in the tent for a few days.  She loved it and I don't think she moved even once during the night.  I was amazed that she could sleep through the noise of the wind, the airplanes, the trucks and the cold.  I snuggled her right up to me and she must have been sucking all of the heat from me..LOL

This was our pet Muscovey Duck while at the Vinyard.  They are the sweetest animal.  They pip and they wag their tails.

We had a chance to stay at the Vinyard for Spring Break.  I think that Cory and I are scarred from the memories of Spring Break.  When I think of Spring Break for some reason I see MTV, girls, girls, boy, and lots of alcohol and bead throwing.  Apparently we were in for a much quieter break at The Vinyard.  Although talking to the staff you would have thought the worst for this one week.  Yes, there were girls...lots of them, in fact, between the ages of 2-12.  No camera's from MTV, just Mom's and Dad's and a wee bit of alcohol.  Also, not a single bead in sight, thank goodness.  It was busy but nothing like what they had built it up to be.  We laughed and enjoyed the  full camp.  Isabella met some great kids and we had a chance to visit with a family that lived in Washington DC a few years back.

Lady Gaga concert.  My phone died or I would have had more pictures.  We had so much fun and we love her even more!

You are probably wondering why we would have such images of Spring Break?  When Drake and Rye were about 4 and 6 we decided to take a family vacation...to Florida...to Daytona Beach!  Yep!  We did not know it was Spring Break and when we woke up and saw everything that was happening, I think we laughed and cried.  The nights were crazy, the kids were way to young that were partying and we were not going to let this ruin our vacation.  We kept the kids in at night, played in the pool during the day (the beach turned was very packed) and made a last minute run to Disney World.  Yes, it was every bit of everything you see on TV and more.  We got quite an education and I don't think our kids will be going away for Spring Break any time soon, or at least not with out a chaperon. LOL

We left The Vinyard on Friday and arrived and Sandy Lake RV Resort.  The people here are so nice!  The site is very packed...literally about 2 feet in between trailers.  But, we are only here for one week and we can do this for one week.  The move over was interesting, seeing how we did not have our truck back from the mechanic.  He was awesome and did some last minute repairs that allowed us to get the trailer out of the park.  It was leaking gas like crazy and smoking insanely.  I felt the truck was inoperable and we quickly returned the truck to the mechanic, the part would not be in until 2:30..it was 11:30.  We spent 3 hours at a park, went and had yogurt and then hung out at the mechanics and our trailer.  The part came in, the lights were installed, we fixed the hitch and we were soon on our way.  Thank you Marc and Brown Automotive in Grapevine!  He went beyond the call of duty.

We took Isabella to her first Carnival and she loved it!  Ever since the movie Dispicable Me, she has wanted to go to a carnival.  She rode the rides, met some friends and ate her hotdog.  It was a perfect day to be 4.

This is our last week in Texas.  TX has been great but we are ready to move to a new state.  I see friends that are now in Texas and I recognize their pictures.  That brings a smile to my face to know that we have visited the same sights.





Isabella had a spa day with nails, hair and costumes.







Ok..this rollercoaster was very small.  She passed the height requirement but it was very bumpy and rickety.  Yes, I am laughing and she is in fear.  We only lasted one round, the gentleman running the ride new when we approached him that we would not be going around again.  Isabella was fine when we got off but she said she did not like that ride.  OK then!





I am beyond excited to move to the East coast.  I never thought I would have this chance.  One more thing that I can check off of my "list" of things to do.  I feel very blessed to have this new adventure for my family.  If you are in the area, please let us know.  We love having company and guest.  We will be in the trailer for a few months.  I am sure that there are a few more updates left in me for the blog to keep everyone posted...LOL.  Just because we are moving from living on the road full time to living in a home does not mean I will give up my blog.  This has been a very fun year for me and I have met some amazing women and families.  I want to stay connected and I hope that my life will be just as adventurous in DC as it has been on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment